Monday, April 27, 2009

My Emo Phase

I am disappointed in myself for having practically abandoned my blog. However, I feel that as of late I have nothing very positive or humorous to write. Instead, I seem to be going through an emo phase, and I would rather not indulge myself in broadcasting my sorrows to the public. Those things tend to come back and bite you in the ass. Or worse yet, when you get bored and decide to read back over past posts, you come across an embarrassing post moaning and groaning about how much your life sucks when it really doesn´t, and you kick yourself for having divulged that information to the free world. I would compare the feeling to the one I get whenever I look back on the Buff Bagot from 7th grade. When I was about 14, I went through the emo stage. I wore ¨punk¨ type shit, like spiked necklaces and arm warmers and Avril Lavigne ties and every other supremely embarrassing accessory you could possibly think of. When I look back on those times, I cringe with... I don´t know what it is I cringe with, but I would compare it to fingernails on a chalkboard. What´s funny about the 7th grade Buff Bagot was that she had nothing to be emo about other than having gone to a Catholic elementary school and being forced to go to confession every month. Other than that, I was middle class Whitey McWhitealot who attended mass every Saturday night and got good grades. What a hard knock life. At least nowadays when I am going through an emo phase I don´t dress like Avril Lavigne. I just mope a little and that´s about it. Nothing wrong with a little moping, right? Let me be mopey, damnit. And I´m sorry if my blog has lost some of its luster, but I am going through a not-so-funny phase. It´ll be back soon, I promise.

2 comments: