Sunday, October 24, 2010

WWFS? (What Would Freud Say?)

I had a strange dream last night.


I left Russia to audit some course at Stanford for a few months. It was November, I think, and I was planning to return to Russia in March. I don’t remember much about the dream, except that I was upset to be back in America and desperate to return to Russia. Weird, huh? Obviously I’ve had a serious change of heart about this country.


Who knows what the future holds for my relationship with Russia. We are madly in love with each other, but I think we also sort of hate each other. But we seem to be learning to set aside our differences and get along. Admittedly we are still in the honeymoon stage of our relationship, since I’ve only been here for two months. Soon enough, complacency will set in, and living in Russia will be just like living in the US, only more difficult. But only time will tell if Russia and I are in it for the long haul.


1 comment:

  1. It is just new, an infatuation. You belong back here in YOUR motherland, land of your birth, your mama and daddy, cats, your sister and nephew, your good friends, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Apco, Braums, decent weather, Walmart, HOME, and many other reasons. Please come home after your original stay in Russia. You belong here. Love you Buffy!

    ReplyDelete