Monday, March 16, 2009

Awana Slap a Bitch

No matter how many times it happens to me, rejection never hurts any less. Of course, nobody likes rejection, so writing my second blog entry bitching about rejection is really nothing interesting or new. But I still gotta do it.

In what appears to be Chapter 1,372,404 of my self-titled series Buff Sucks, I have been rejected from a llama farm that I didn't even technically apply to in the first place. And this isn't polite, but I need to say it: Fuck you, Awana Kancha llama farm. Ahhh, that feels better.

After a long and drawn-out correspondence stretching over several weeks, today it culminated in a highly disappointing "no" on Awana Kancha's part, particularly painful because the co-owner had buttered me up and made me think I had virtually snagged a free 3-month stay in the Sacred Valley in exchange for scooping the shit and shearing the fur of llamas.

The most entertaining part of the rejection was the reason behind it: Awana Kancha is afraid I will take its private business information and share it with other people. HA. A llama farm with business secrets. Maybe they secretly inject their llamas with a magic serum that makes their fur extra soft, and they're afraid other llama farms will steal the idea. I didn't realize that llama farming was such a competitive industry. Cutting-edge stuff. Anyhow, in a nutshell the co-owner informed me that I could essentially not be trusted because nobody on the farm knows me. Even though a) I was basically only asking to volunteer as a llama shit scooper, b) I don't give two shits about the business side of llama farming, and c) I'm about as threatening as a llama.

On a positive note, the co-owner did offer me free lodging and food for the summer. He said I could hang out, visit the farm, help the local veterinarian, and basically piddle around for a few months. That sounds like fun, but I rejected the offer, because I don't feel right accepting all that free stuff in exchange for nothing. Plus, there is so much pressure to do something "important" over the summer that I wouldn't be able to deal with the guilt of just dicking around in Peru for three months.

Why, Stanford? Why have you driven me to searching for obscure jobs in foreign countries?

1 comment:

  1. Um. It isn't Stanford Buff. It is YOU. Do you honestly know anyone else who would want to work on a llama farm? Everyone but YOU knows what their REAL job there would be. And it involves a shovel. Love Mama

    ReplyDelete